What to expect prior to your scheduled treatment with the new industry guidelines during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Wellness Touch follows industry guidelines recommended by the Board of Barbering & Cosmetology, along with the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) and infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will see some changes when it is time for your appointment. These changes were made to help protect myself and my clients.
• I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates about your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
• When you arrive at the Sola building, you are asked to wait in your vehicle until I text you or call you to invite you in. This ensures social distancing as we are not permitted to have too many clients in the reception area at one time. Please be reminded not to bring companion guests with you to your visit.
• Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building. You will not be allowed to wear gloves into the building.
• I will greet you at the door and I will provide you with hand sanitizer before entering the studio. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the building for you to use as needed.
• I’ll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Services are not permitted if you have any symptoms of illness.
• I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive services from Wellness Touch.”
I encourage you to bring your own pen.
The following are the list of questions on the intake form you will be required to answer at the time of your scheduled appointment and for you to consider prior to confirming your appointment.
•Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or local health official in the last 14 days?
•Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem)?
•Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or someone exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms with in the last 14 days?
•Have you been tested for COVID-19? What type of test did you have? When were you tested? What was the result?
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Wellness Touch is tentatively scheduled to reopen on January 27, 2021. Thank you for being a valued client. I appreciate your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back again. Maybe Third time's the Charm.